Wednesday, May 26, 2010

5 minutes

When I saw B on Sunday, we'd already mentioned the possibility of meeting up briefly this afternoon, after I'd gone out for lunch with my nan, which is a regular once a month thing.

I got a call while I was out from my childrens' father asking me to pick my son up, because he - my kids dad - had collapsed and needed to get to the hospital.

As I left my nan, I got a call from his neighbour, who is still a good friend of mine, and also a nurse, saying that an ambulance had arrived, and she would stay with my son until I got there. I quickly arranged to meet B for 5 minutes, by the lake. And it literally was a 5 minute meeting. I told him what had happened, and I could also see he seemed a bit preoccupied; he said that he'd had a slow morning but had just received a job and was organising in his mind who and what he needed to do.

He mentioned the pics from yesterday and asked what happened to more? I said Id had to go out, which I did.

I picked up my son, but had to take his dad to emergency as he'd decided to not go with them after all and waited for me to take him instead, so very lucky I was not long with B after all. Still waiting to see what the outcome is for my kids dad...

0 comments:

Post a Comment