Thursday, May 12, 2011

Unpredictable

I went to the gym as usual this morning, rushed home to get ready for a job interview, and on my way out, noticed that B had called. Well, pick me up off the floor!

I called him nearly 2 hours later, from a carpark, after my interview. And wouldn't you know it, he was working only a few streets away. He'd called to see how my trip went. He hadn't realised I went with my family; he thought I was going with a girlfriend. Had a great chat. He asked me if there'd been any 'romances' but I told him no, because all the good ones were all taken, and added that I wasn't quite sure what that meant I was saying about myself then... :) His workmate "R" had apparently seen me in the same street as the gym earlier in the week. He said he'd not been up to much the last few weeks - "same shit". I asked him where he was working the rest of the afternoon, and coincidentally it was the same suburb as my nan who I was on my way to visit.

After arriving at my nans (for lunch), I called B with a technical question, knowing he'd be able to answer it (just something my nan and I were discussing). He asked what street I was in and said he knew of it.

A few minutes after hanging up from him, he sent me a text saying he was 2 streets away, but had 10 guys with him otherwise we could've caught up. "Damn!" I replied. Mixed emotions from that one sentence; nice he was thinking of me and told me, yet on the other hand, telling me how close he was and not being able to do anything about it really was like rubbing salt in to the wound!

A little while later, as I was leaving my nans, I messaged him to say that if he was able to ditch the boys, I was leaving now... but he said 'no can do sorry."

:(

0 comments:

Post a Comment