Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Broken finger?

Again, I was stupid. I clearly have not been reading my post-its. I sent B a text this morning (early, just after 8am!) saying I miss him, and asking if I would ever have him again...

I guess I was looking for a lead in to some arranging of a more definite time we would see each other, like this Saturday for example.

Theres a guy who Ive known for a long time, and sometimes we just hang out together, and each time I see him I consider him in a 'long term' way. He makes me laugh, he's talented, quite attractive, a lovely consideration person, and I have the absolute best conversations with him about everything. Oh, and he knows just about everything me there is to know. Almost. Tongue in cheek there... Anyway, there's a party on Saturday night Ive been invited to. In fact, a year ago, I had B pick me up from the same birthday person's place. I really only know the birthday person and his wife. I thought I could take my friend as company. But I keep thinking of one last time with B. I don't want to hurt my 'friend' and start things with him if I'm not sure...

So I was waiting on some kind of reply from B, and really worked myself up to respond in a blase, angry kind of way, because I think the only way Ill be able to end things with him is to get angry and acknowledge his horrible behaviour of his wife and to me, and remember that he cant have his cake and eat it too...

But by 4pm, when I know he's usually home, I still hadn't had a reply from him.

I was on my way home around 4.30pm, with my 2 younger kids, and drove up the street of my girlfriend, who lives next to B's workmate. And B was there (at his workmates). I had something to drop off to my friend, as it turns out, so I did that (and also sent a message
to B saying "So close! Hello from next door!.... Broken finger?" meaning, in a sarcastic manner that he had a problem replying to my earlier message.

It was about ten minutes later before he responded with "Hey. Just got your 2 messages then. How come you didn't come in to say hi? Whats wrong with your finger?"

He really is a just a simple guy. ;)

I replied "MY finger is fine."

So, he didn't acknowledge about my missing him, didn't say anything about when we'd be meeting up again, and then has the gall to ask why I didn't come in to his mates place. Its gall considering he'd told that same friend weeks ago we're not seeing each other more, because this friend makes him feel guilty.


0 comments:

Post a Comment