Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Power of the Mind?

The older I get, and the more certain things happen, the more I believe in the power of the mind. Ive talked before about knowing that I could affect B's relationship with his wife, and somehow I could cause things to happen. Its like the motivational post-its notes I also wrote about a few weeks back. Simply writing inspiring messages doesn't do much, but reading them over and over, and working toward your goal, will have a more positive outcome than simply sitting back waiting for things to happen. Actually, that sounds a bit freaky... I dont mean it in a negative, compulsive, stalker-ish way...

But I also believe in things happening for a reason. Sometimes they don't make sense, or it seems unfair, but there is definitely a reason.

I was pondering this kind of thing this afternoon, as I drove home. Id just taken my older kids to their dads - a good 40 minute drive from home, and my younger kids were in the car. The music was on a usual, the 'finished work' traffic was building, and as usual, I was thinking of B, and the other men in my life. I thought again about perhaps living my life to the fullest as I'm trying to do now, but not look so hard for a partner, and be content with B and how things are, or putting the energy out there solely on B.

And then I missed the turn off the Freeway. The next turn took me a little out of the way, but I had to go through B's area home. Past his street, out of his area, coming in to mine, and I saw his family car at a distance coming the opposite direction. As we got closer I could see the number plate, but if was definitely him. The windows are tinted, and it was a little hard to see, but I made out he was driving, and I'm sure the wife was in the passenger seat. He would've seen me; he's observant like that.

It was only a small thing, but Id only thought, or rather focused on B and his family for about 20 minutes, and there he was. Ive never seen him out and about with the fam before.

Look, honestly, I don't what all that means, or what the purpose is. I still juggle things in my mind all the time. Anyway...

0 comments:

Post a Comment