Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Out with The Wife

More and more as I go through life, I believe in the adage of what you imagine you create.

At some point, it had to happen. We live in the same area. The Shopping Centre I mostly go to, and the gym, are both right near their house. And today, after coffee with my dad at the said Shopping Centre, I was on my way to the car park, when I saw her. B's wife. His WIFE. And their 2 kids.

Holy Mother of God. Please excuse the blasphemy.

So, I admit it, after I stopped wanting to vomit, and ceased my legs from feeling like jelly, I surreptitiously 'browsed' the shops while keeping an eye on them for a little bit. She seemed not necessarily bubbly or chirpy, but chatty. Talked to a few people. Being a mum myself, it looked like it was more of an expedition 'out' more than anything, like an excuse to get out of the house, rather than on an actual mission to get groceries for example. I think she did see me once or twice, but didn't really 'look', so I didn't trigger anything for her. Which is good I s'pose. I walked right beside them on my way to leave the Centre. I could've ruffled her boys hair as I went past...

And if those 2 boys aren't the cutest kids ever, I dont know - apart from mine - who's are.

Are you interested in knowing what I thought of her? By nature I'm not intentionally a me
an spirited person. She has a nice, but average face. Shes shorter than me, and carries more weight than me too. She's not huge, but then some people say Im too skinny, especially given my height of 167cm (and I'm under 55kg). She's dressed like a busy hardworking at-home mum. Nothing special. Just like I thought really.

On the way to my car, I saw theirs.

It crossed my mind whether to "do something". Like leave a note? But saying what? "Watch your husband?" Nah, makes it sound like someones planning on murdering him or something, and thats certainly not my intention. "Hello (insert her name)"? "I'm fucking your husband (insert name)."? What purpose would this all serve?

And if I go back to the thought "what you imagine you create,", I know I could split them up. I know, over time, I probably could have B for a period of time. But if that were to happen, I want it to because their relationship has naturally run its course, or because he wants to be with me, not because of something nasty Ive done to intercept or 'make it' happen. And since I know it wont happen of its own accord, then, thats that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment