Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Catch up

I couldn't wait any longer. I texted B this morning on my way to the once-a-month outing I have with my nan, and where B's boss also compere's. I told him where I was going and that I wanted to see him for just 5 minutes ('cause he often works in the same area as the club).

And lo and behold, he replied "Possibly". I almost fell over. He went on to tell me where he was working and that it depended on the weather.

Long story short, we texted a little over the next few hours, and he wasn't able to make it, although that wasn't confirmed til after Id left the club, and had gone 30 minutes in the opposite direction. I kept watching my map on my phone; initially it said we were only 2.7km apart... watching that distance grow as I left the club was heart breaking.

Around 3.30 he messaged me apologising, saying he'd got caught up with work (and the working around the weather) and said he could see me for "5 now though".

I replied that it would take me 20 minutes to get to where ever he was, and I suggested we meet at his mates house, M, or somewhere near. Then - another blow-me-away moment - he said he could call in to my place. And when I read that, didn't I stamp my feet and curse! My eldest daughter was home, so that wasn't an option. I replied that that would've been good (except my daughter was home) but that if he was okay, I could sit in his van.

So that's what I did.

It was nice, and easy. Sat and talked for about 1/2 hour. We didn't touch or kiss. Told him about the guy that Id been out with a few times, and that Id flicked him, and why. Then B told me about a guy he works with that he could set me up with. Bit of a crazy ex though, who apparently, when their house was on the market after they'd split, and it was sold, went in to the house and smashed all the glass. Or something. But, B said, jokingly, he probably wouldn't work out, "'cause he's 43". "And what's that supposed to mean?" I asked, but then that's when I realised the joke, and that he was having a dig at me liking younger guys. :) "Well," I said, "That would mean his real age would be about 34 then". How weird would that be? Going out with someone B works with? Makes me shudder.

I asked if his work mate M had told him we ran into each other last week and had a chat, but he said no.

I got the very strong impression that this day of the week B normally gets the afternoon's to himself. He told me his routine, and that today was different because of the weather, so he'd be doing other things, while he had the time to himself, which he was clearly looking forward to.

He told me how much he's been working. We didn't talk about our feelings for each other, or the fact that we were meeting up, although he did say he'd been going to give me a call or a message a few times, but work had been crazy. Working all week. Coming up to Christmas, he'll be working more Friday nights as well as Saturday nights, and he works his day job most Saturdays at the moment, and the occasional Sunday. Whew! And for the first time ever, he asked how my kids were.

Oh! And another thing. He actually asked how long we'd known each other? 2 years? I confirmed that it was indeed 2 years, and in fact this coming Tuesday would be the anniversary of when I first saw him. Incredible. I told him that that was nice that he'd remember something like that. He said he almost wondered if it were 3 years, but nope. Definitely 2 years.

(And I still feel the same, if not a whole lot stronger).

Beautiful eyes. Beautiful hands. Mmm.

I sent him a message about 15 minutes after he'd left saying that he had no idea how good it was to just see him, and thank you.


0 comments:

Post a Comment