Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Another man

Saturday night I went out with my girlfriend L; she dragged me a long to a friends farewell, because shed had a fight with her hubby. We went to dinner in the city, by the beach, and afterward at a hotel. It was actually a very good night. Dinner was lovely. The people - none of whom I knew - were all lovely and welcoming. The hotel hosted a mixed crowed and mixed music. And there were so many dimensions and dynamics going on with the group of people we were with that I was just amazed.

It also confirmed how messed up the world can really be, and youve just gotta roll with whatever life throws you.

The girl who hosted the dinner, is married to a guy she hasn't had sex with for 4 years. 4 years! She has been having an affair with an ex work colleagues hubby for the last 2. Two of her hubby's friends have also made moves on her. One of those men also made it clear to L that he was interested in me. They are both married also. This girl and L had a major disagreement as well, because L was talking and having a bit of a joke with the girls hubby, and she got jealous! Go figure! All a bit juvenile really... it was a bit like watching a tennis match, as I tend to sit back and observe a lot, and my head kept flicking around to the next person to see what the latest was.

At the hotel, there was dance music and dancing one end, and different kind of music alternating with a band at the other. L and I preferred the band end and hung around there most of the time. I started the night thinking I would stay over with L at her friends house, but after 2 wines and 2 Southo's, and then with all the tension with L's friends, I thought it best to drive home.

I thought about B on and off all night, which it is how it always is for me. L and I met a couple of guys and had some fun chats to some. I was fine, until the band played Sex on Fire by Kings of Leon, and he sang the line, perhaps altered a little, that says "giving head while I'm driving" and then I thought stuff it, I'm texting B. So, I sent 3 little letters: "Hey." But I didn't hear from him.

Meanwhile, back at the table with the group, Id literally caught the eye of this guy walking by. We played the eye game, as he walked away, but I knew Id see him again. L and I went back into the band end of the hotel, and as I was looking at L while she talked to me, out of the corner of my eye, I saw that guy. L was quite drunk, and knew what was going on with the guy and me, and started chatting to him. We got ourselves a drink (my last alco one for the night), and we talked some more, and danced. This guy, a different named "B", was cute. Actually, a bit too pretty looking. Tall and athletic. Cheeky smile. Soft spoken. Lovely hands. And interesting. The problem with interesting is that the more you talk to someone about themselves, inevitably they are gonna wanna know more about you...

L told him I was 36. I don't like lying; I soon corrected her and told him I'm 39. He was 32. what is it with me and 32 year olds? Although, to blow my own trumpet for a moment, the group we were with, and B, could not believe my age; they all thought I was younger. L in her drunken state, told B that he could come home with us. Oh, can he now? Thanks for that. Do I get a say? He made it clear a number of times that he was quite keen to do just that. I ended up saying that - cliche and all - I'm just not that kinda girl. By the end of the night he knew how many kids I had, and it seemed to be important as to whether I "got on" with my exes or not. He (says) hes an underwater medic for the navy or something, and does triathlons in his spare time. He's a local boy to where we were, and he didn't usually hang at this place but had a mate working behind the bar. He was very complimentary without being sickening (which I what I appreciate about the other B too), and kisses softly. Maybe too softly...

Anyway, at the end of the night, L asked him if he was gonna get my number. That's awkward. I said he didn't have to and that Id never know if he wouldve asked me for it himself.

I don't think Ill hear from him.

L had kind of cleared things up with her friend, which was good, and we got back to my place around 4.30am.

0 comments:

Post a Comment