Friday, April 15, 2011

Did He See?

The other day when B and I were talking, he'd said the only time he really gets out now for a drink is for a couple on a Friday afternoon after work, for an hour or two, and they dont hang about.

About 4.40pm, driving home from our day out (my kids and I), I drove past B's street as I often do, but couldn't see his work van, so instantly thought he must be having a beverage. I took my eldest daughter to work just before 6pm, got a prescription for my son filled at the Chemist, and grabbed a couple of groceries while waiting, and drove the longer way home, past B's. Again. Just after I passed his street, I saw, larger than life - meaning it was quite obvious that it was most likely his - van coming in the opposite direction, so, from the pub, on his way home. I looked down at the number plate, and sure enough, it was him.

He didn't flash his lights, or make to pull over, or any of those things. And no immediate text or anything, so, I dont know if he realised it was me. It was also dark by then, just before 6.30pm by that stage, so Id say he would've had more than one or two drinks since he finishes work at 4pm...

Sigh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment