Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Very sad

Ive been quite down about the whole relationship thing for the last few days...

Last week I went on a date with someone I met online, and he was nice enough but I just didn't feel a connection. Probably just as well, because the world being as small as it is, it turns out we have mutual friends, and his wife (they've been separated about 6 months) and I met on Friday night while we were out with one of our mutual friends! I also went out on Sunday with another guy I met online, who was also nice thankfully, but again, no real connection.

Ive also heard a number of stories about couples breaking up; one is a close friend of mine, two couples I know through other friends, and even one of B's wifes best friend (amazing what you can discover on the internet!)! Because of that, I think B's wife may be feeling a tad insecure; last week on the social networking site, his profile pic was of their little family. Last night he changed it to of the two of them kissing. Could also be the reason he has stayed away.

The wife best friend has a local business and I thought Id check it out yesterday... and fuck me! but there at the front counter working was B's wife! I walked past, and a few minutes later, walked back. She saw me. But she would not of known who I was, although I was waiting for someone to call out to me as I walked away up the stairs... I don't know why I went there, or what I was hoping to achieve.

And yesterday afternoon I sent B an email. All I said was "whats new?" Clearly nothing is new; no message of any sort in reply.

I'm so torn; I was thinking about calling and asking now if I will see him Saturday night. But he'd probably just fob me off. Or even if he did say no, that doesn't change my plans for Saturday night.... but at least Id know. And if he did tell me now he couldn't see me, should I suggest we get together and talk and finish things once and for all? Is he waiting for things to settle down around him so he doesn't arouse suspicion?

I know I should just forget it all, forget him, and move on. Would be alright if I knew what direction would be the right way to follow. There's no guy waiting in the wings. I'm not in regular contact with single eligible men. The online dating thing sucks.

And today I'm just a bit of a mess.

0 comments:

Post a Comment