Sunday, August 29, 2010

My promise to the Universe

I went out last night to a friends 40th - and funnily enough it was at the local pub (same one I went to Friday night, and the one B frequents).

Nice group of people, and I started off in a good mood; Id just driven past B's house on the way there and saw his car was not parked there, so assumed he would of driven to work, which would mean that he didn't get a lift after all, and would therefore be able to come see me.

Pfft.

As the night wore on, I think a culmination of too much food, lack of sleep, gym, over-thinking, and not feeling comfy with the only single man at the 40th sitting next to me all night made me feel "off". Oh, and probably also because by 10.30 I had received no message from B, and if he had intention of coming by, I would've heard.

I drove past his house on the way home of course, but his car was in the drive way. I can only think that perhaps his wife dropped him off!

I was home and in bed by 11.10pm.

But I had a hard time falling asleep. I must of napped for a few minutes, and woke suddenly. A few minutes later at 11.45 B sent me a message saying he couldn't "do it tonight babe" and that he would try and catch me after work tomorrow. "Sorry". I replied "K. x" What more could I say?

I passed his house on the way to the gym this morning, and the work van definitely was not there, and was not there an hour or so later.

1.30pm, as I was on my way to spend the afternoon with family in the Eastern Suburbs, his work van still wasn't there.

Parking around the beaches on the Eastern Suburbs is not easy, especially for more than 2 hours. As I came to my family's street, I'd made a "deal" that I would not contact B until he contacts me first, and there in front of me was a family vacating a 4 hour parking spot. "Okay", I said out loud, "thank you for my spot. I will not contact him until he contacts me".

Sounds silly, I know, but Ive had a few "universe" moments like this. So I have to trust it. Shit.

And I didn't get a message all day.

He must be trying to make extra money at the moment because he's been working extra Sundays. Think he has tomorrow off. But I wont hear from him.

6. looooooong. weeks.

:(

0 comments:

Post a Comment