Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The little things

I sent B a message yesterday around 1pm, to his work phone, asking how he was and whether he did the show on Saturday night... About 40 minutes later I received a text from him, from his everyday phone, asking if I was messaging the "truck phone" again.

Um, oops. :-)

I explained that yes, I did message his other phone, because being a Monday, I couldn't remember if he was working or not. He said he was working, and so I explained that Id simply asked if he'd worked Saturday night. I also said that lucky for me I hadn't sent a picture that I was going to (to the other phone)! He replied that it was indeed lucky I hadn't sent the pic; "the boys would have loved that". He said that the show was pretty good on Saturday night actually, and that he thought he might of seen me there.

I told him I hadn't sent any pics for a while because I didn't want half of the company checking them out (the last time in fact Ive sent any was in May 2010, and I think there was some conversation once or twice with me and his work mates about it). I told him Id only found out about the show Saturday night the night before, and didn't think it was appropriate for me to just turn up.

Later, he suggested I try sending the pic I had to his everyday phone. I tried a few times, but he couldn't receive it. I told him he needed a new phone, and the 'real thing'. Later still, he asked if I could email it... I told him I could, but that he wasn't to share. "Never," he said. The pic, as I said to B, was actually rather tame, but I like it, and was thinking of him when I took the pics. It was simply a photo of my (9 week old) boobs, looking rather nice in the shower...

He had trouble opening it at work too, but then emailed back to say "Worked it out. Very nice. Pity it has to go straight away. X" I could imagine him saying "Mmm, very nice".

And you know what the nicest thing was? Very simple, but it mattered. The kiss at the end of his sentence. The second time ever he's included one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment