Friday, January 21, 2011

Beverages

I received a phone call last night just before 9pm, and the person who called also left a voice message. It crossed my mind that it was B, but then I considered that he probably wouldn't leave voicemail. Turns out it was B; he said that he was up at our local, having a few beverages with one of his work mates who is getting married today, L, (that Ive met), and was also there with another workmate, R, (who Ive also met).

I called called him, and explained that I wouldn't be able to get up there for another hour or so; I had my little kids to put to bed (Id allowed them to stay up for a little watching a movie), and had to shower etc. He said he wasn't staying much longer, and I said "look, I know you. You'll still be there at 10.30" (which is when I said Id be there). I suggested he give me a call when he was leaving, so I could tell him how far away I was.

So I got ready, made my big girls aware that they were babysitting their siblings :-) and was 2 minutes from leaving when B called again, saying he was leaving. I told him Id be there in 10 minutes, which I was.

We stayed til just after 12am.

There were 4 of them; the 2 guys I know, B, and the 'best man'. R and I went to the bar first, and bought drinks. B then suggested I sit between him and R so I could be included in conversation at the table, rather than sit to the side on the edge. It was actually a good time, and the conversation, and laughter, flowed easily.

Three of us were on one side of the table, and the other two were on the other. B sat directly across from L mate. Again I was conscious of what I was doing, or how long I looked at B, etc, because of L's friend.

At one point, I had my hands on either side of my legs, sort of leaning forward holding on to our seat. B then intertwined his fingers in to mine. And then we played with each others fingers under the table, or my foot was wrapped around his calf, or I'd be stroking his thigh or under neath. Or something. If my right arm was stretched out a little because of what ever I was doing, I would try and make my other arm or hand look like it was in the same position. Part of me was thinking that this guy (L's friend) didn't notice, and then the other half of me, and probably more accurately, realised that he probably could tell there was something going on.

I picked up my drink at one stage, and the condensation dripped on to my legs, and I wiped it off. B immediately helped me, and then quickly stopped and said "oh sorry". Another time I got up to go to the bathroom, and he gave my bum a pat as I passed. So, this guy would've realised for sure, even though I didn't react to any thing.

Unfortunately, B said he should be dropped home first because today is his last day filling in for the big boss who is on leave. He said he needed to not be so hung over, like an occasion where he was last week. He said sorry, and was "that okay?" "Of course" I replied. Yeh, of course I was disappointed, but I totally understand; I wasnt the one who had to get up at 6am, less than 6 hours later.

He sat in the front, and in the two minute ride to his house, had his hand stretched out to my leg and groin. I stopped the car near his street, and he leaned over. Those lips are divine. We kissed on the lips, and hugged, but R was just in the back, and so I didn't want to be so blatant in front of him. B said thanks for the lift, and that it was nice to see me again. He lit up a smoke, and I drove R home.

I half expect to get a message from B today sort of apologising for him wanting to go home first, but I'll see him Sunday, so all should be fine. Having said that, nothing was confirmed last night about him seeing me Sunday...


0 comments:

Post a Comment