Saturday, July 10, 2010

Update

I received another text 2 days later asking if I was about but I was out for the day... then 2 days later I sent a simple text saying "thinkinboutcha" and he replied, equally simply, "likewise".

The next day I had some absolutely awful news; someone close to me passed away. B was due to play at a venue with his band that night and while I hadn't made plans to go watch anyway, there really was no way I could attend afterall. I sent a message anyway around 8pm wishing him luck and wishing I was there but I didn't receive a reply.

The next night he texted asking if I was up for a quick visit. I replied yes and gave him the details of my new place, but when he arrived I had to share the news from the day before with him and I knew because of the circumstances that I cant share here, that we wouldn't have sex, and quite understandably so. He was quite shocked by what Id told him and stayed about 1/2 hour...

Monday I sent a message asking if he was still going to rehearsals on a Wednesday now, or was that all finished now that they'd played the gig on Friday. Because they need a new singer, rehearsals are indeed not on for a while. B also asked how I was (because of the news Id shared) and I replied that Ive got great friends and family and I was doing okay which he said he was pleased to hear.

Tuesday I passed B in the car, and he smiled and waved... he was on his way home from work. 20 minutes later I noticed Id received an email from him which he would've sent an hour before, and he said that he checks his emails everyday, and that there's never anything from me and that he misses them every now and then. Awww. But I replied that Ive been trying to back off since he wanted to cool things a bit, and that I was glad he noticed. I told him its been hard because I still want him!

Thursday morning I messaged asking if he was going up to the local pub that night (to watch the band that was on; he'd played there the previous Thursday), and he said that for the first time in weeks he wouldn't be because he was looking after his sons but "maybe next week". We texted a little more...

And then yesterday, I attended the funeral, and wondered if in the evening B would message me about meeting him out for a drink... friends had just left my house around 6pm, when he messaged saying he would've loved for me to join him but that he was leaving soon... Anyway, long story short I was able to be at the pub within minutes, so I went. He had gone there straight from work and was there with a friend who Id apparently met before. B told me this guy knew "everything" which I clarified later; he knew about the passing of this person and also about the relationship between B and me.

B was lovely. he said he'd been thinking about me all week wondering if I was okay, and that he'd been affected by this news too and just wanted to give me a big hug. He said he had seen me walk in, and how hot I looked, and he especially liked my boots.

I only stayed a half hour, and as I left, he stood up too, and motioned me to him. He gave me a kiss and a big hug.

It made my day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment