Sunday, July 25, 2010

Silly me

I was supposed to meet someone this morning from a dating site that Ive been talking with, but that didn't happen due to miscommunication... to say I was annoyed is an understatement!

And of course all day I thought about B, wondering when he'd finished work, if he'd message me, blah blah blah.

My daughters and I went out for dinner with some family, and as soon as we returned home, I put my mouth back on, and told them (my daughters) I'd be back in an hour. I went to the pub where I knew B would be.

He was in his usual spot, and I stood where I could see him, but because I didn't know who he was there with I couldn't stand in full view. I sent him a text basically saying hi and to come meet me. I waited and watched a while to see if he looked at his phone. After ten or 15 minutes, I realised Id have to do something else. I noticed one of his friends was a guy Id met out with him a few weeks back, so I stood where I knew he'd see me and then he'd get B's attention for me.

That worked.

B looked over, and smiled, and gave a bit of a nod in acknowledgment. I nodded back and then walked just out of view, thinking that he would come over. Silly me! I waited and waited. I'm thinking what the?? So I walked back in to view, he saw me, and I motioned for him to come to me.

He greeted me with a kiss on the cheek, and asked why I didn't go over (to their group) and I replied I didn't know who he was there with so how could I? He asked why I didn't reply to his text message from the night before, and was I pissed off or something? and I replied that I hadn't wanted to sound whiny or nagging so I didn't reply. I said it wasn't about "Saturday night" but more about the fact I hadn't heard from him all week. He did this shrug and facial expression that said "well, what can I do?". "Anyway," I said, "thats why I'm here. Instead of replying to that text".

Anyway, after a bit of chit chat, he invited me over to the group, and he bought me a cab sav. Two guys from work were there as well as the female friend of one Id met the other Thursday night, and her best friend who is also one of the guys house mate, who - small world indeed - lives next door to one of my good friends!

I stayed for about 30 minutes. We talked about Bali, and other bits and pieces and he commented on how good I looked (awww). B did say "stay" (longer) but Id already told my daughters Id be home at a certain time. I said goodbye to everyone, and sashayed my way out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment