Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Fast Cars Are White

Had to visit some family in an area where I know B works, which he'd also said only 3 or 4 weeks ago that he'd be working in 'for week yet'. That Tuesday we were meant to meet up (and where he ended up meeting out front of my house), he'd actually given me the name of a main street in this suburb, so today, on my way to family, I drove around a little, looking for him. What would I of done if I'd seen him? Who the hell knows.

When I didn't find him in one area (although I did see some other vehicles related to his industry), I thought Id have a drive and look around.

Suddenly I asked myself "how ridiculous am I?" What stupid behaviour. Driving around, not even knowing if he would be anywhere, and even if he were, we're meant to be finished and he's not meant to see me anyway.

And then, I turned my car around and went to the first family's house I was visiting.

Later today, after grocery shipping, I detoured just slightly, and drove past his house. I remembered he said that Tuesday afternoons he has to himself. The garage was open, and I saw his 'new' car. A gorgeous white Mustang.

Loving Christina Perri's song, Jar of Hearts, at the moment. Particularly the lines:

"It took so long just to feel all right,
Remember how to put back the light in my eyes
I wish I had missed the first time that we kissed..."

It makes me cry. As much as I do wish we never had started anything, I also do not regret our time.

The next line is

" 'Cause you broke all your promises.
And now you're back,
You dont get to get me back."

Well, he certainly never made any promises, to his credit I guess. And he wont be wanting me or coming back either, that's for sure.

:(

0 comments:

Post a Comment