Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Welcome 2012

So, here we are in day of 3 of the new year.

I have had no contact with B, and although I've pretty much accepted things as they are now, it doesn't stop me from checking my phone every now and then for a message, or watching out for him as I drive around, and so on.

Today I went for my usual (well, usual as in I've gone for a long walk 5 times in 8 days, but intend on continuing this), and walked up to a park where I think his wife sometimes helps out with mums and bubs exercise classes. I didn't walk there with any purpose in mind. Anyway, I noticed a man and woman, and they looked remarkably like B and his wife. Especially her. Long dark hair in a pony, pale skin. He was tall, solid, wearing a cap, but he did indeed look different... And the boy he was helping along on the scooter, wearing a helmet, looked just like their eldest son, but, again, smaller. They had another child, in a pram, and it looked like she was trying to settle the child. I couldn't see (the child) properly, so I'm not sure if it was a boy or girl, but I also thought they were too small anyhow. B's second child surely wouldn't be in a pram, napping...the day I saw her out with her two boys, they were very young, but walking. Anyway, I did a lap of the park, and walked by them again. The guy was indeed different. It was the hair. None-the-less, it was a bit of a shake up.

A while ago I wrote about a musician that I met up with, and who has been in contact with me regularly lately. Long story short, we hooked up Friday night. We cooked dinner together, and he made me an awesome breakky. I drank too much, cant remember everything, and am kicking myself that I also didn't take advantage of this gorgeous gorgeous man who was sprawled naked in my bed. He is moving overseas, as soon as he can work out which Visa etc.

We have been in contact since Friday night too, but via text, email (and the game "Words With Friends!), ugh! But all non-committal stuff. Of course Friday night he talked about some stuff we could do together, but I wont be holding my breath.

So... Im thinkking of approaching him for a 'friends with benefits' relationship. Just not sure how to approach it. Plus Im aware I need to stop contact for at least a few days so it doesn't look like Im smothering him.

I can see many advantages to this arrangement... I just hope I get the courage to ask, and that he doesn't knock me back! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment