Saturday, January 21, 2012

Friday night

No huge developments. Still haven't seen B irl (in real life) for a while (can I really count Christmas Day, given that it was for 10 seconds, we were both in our cars passing each other?).

Our mutual friend that I'm friends with online, recently took a bunch of his employees etc out for lunch. Some photos were posted on his wall. B was in a few of them. And looking damn fine I have to say. No wife in sight (but his wedding ring was. I'm just think its interesting that he spends as much time as possible without her).

Have been going to our local pub regularly, especially on a Sunday arvo. I have a drink or 2 with a friend from the gym and his new wife, and sometimes one or two other people. But I haven't seen B.

I was at the same pub tonight, having dinner with girlfriends. He used to go to this place on a Friday night, and sometimes not get home til late. Other times, he'd be home in time for dinner (around 6pm). We arrived 6.30pm. Sat outside where he would be, but no B.

Have had almost daily contact with my muso friend. In fact we hooked up again a week later after the last time I posted about him. We are clear its just a friends with benefits thing. Ugh! Sounds kinda tacky. He stayed a few hours, I didnt drink myself stupid, and it was a nice night. He has had lots of neck problems and could'nt come over last Friday because was in too much pain after some "cupping". He didn't come over tonight after-all either... not sure why, but we still messaged and played "words with friends" until his usual "good night" message around 11.15. Very disappointing as he knows I'm kid-free til Sunday night, and he said he's got plans the rest of the weekend. Sigh.

My muso friend - we'll call him MC - suggested I put my phone in flight mode so that I dont get woken by texts and alerts and things while I sleep. Probably a good idea. In fact I did it last night. But you know what I keep thinking? What if, out of the blue, B decided to message me? How crazy.

Wednesday night, around 8.15, my phone rang, showing a blocked number. I said hello, but no one spoke, but I could hear some kind of noise at the other end. 15 minutes later it rang again, and same thing. I said "speak now or forever hold your peace". Guess whoever it was decided to hold their peace. But of course I wondered if it was B.

I've got so much time to myself right now. I'm lonely. And bored. Study recommences in a few weeks, and I know Ill get busy again with that, the kids school stuff, work and so on. But this alone crap is... well, crap sometimes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment