Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Same Car

I haven't heard anything from B, not that I expected to, since the 13th, and certainly haven't seen him, or even a hint of him anywhere either. I've limited driving past his place, or even just his street; before I may of driven out of the way past his place on the way home after taking my daughter to work for example, or on the way home from somewhere else, but the only times Ive driven by have been because I shop occasionally at a centre near his house and that honestly is the most direct route, or to the gym, which is also the most direct way.

Earlier tonight though, I was taking my daughter to work, around 5.15, and I could see a car which looked like his (family car) coming from the opposite direction. As it neared, even the number plates looked the same (they're a particular colour and style). And it made sense he would be in the location, since his parents live closer to me than he does. As we neared, I could feel my cheeks start to burn. And in those few seconds I had left I wondered whether to acknowledge him... or what.

However, it wasn't him. I looked at myself in the mirror and I was red as a beetroot. I blamed it on the heater in the car, for my daughters benefit.

Stupid reactions. :P

0 comments:

Post a Comment