Sunday, March 13, 2011

Birthday

B called me on Friday afternoon, wishing me a happy birthday. I thought it was nice that he called, rather than texted. I appreciated it. We had a chat for about 15 minutes, and it was very enjoyable. He said that he wasn't going out that night, and already knew I was busy Saturday night too.

Saturday night was my 40th birthday. It was a great night. Hired a room at a local pub-type place, and enjoyed the company. I texted B around 8.00, knowing he would finish work at around 10pm (they were playing at a one-off venue so were finishing earlier. I said how I knew he'd just want to go home, but could he please stop by (where I was) for a few seconds, and that it would take less time home from this place, than from where he had been working that night.

Just after 10pm he replied saying "No can do sweet". ( I love when uses endearments). He said he wasn't driving and was on his way home, and asked how my night was going. I replied "Aww. Its been fab. I'm very spoilt, :) Don't work too hard tomorrow. x". (He'd told me on Friday during our conversation that he was working Sunday at his regular job, for anything up to 12 hours on a big job!). And he replied that he wouldn't (work too hard).

Sunday afternoon I went to a girlfriends house to pick up my presents and decorations etc she'd taken home for me. On the way home I stopped in at my other girlfriends, the one who lives next to B's work mate, to have a chat. She wasn't home, and I noticed B's workmates (M) garage door open, so I went to have a chat with him.

Monday morning B sent me a text asking how I ended up Saturday night. Again, thought it was nice that he even bothered to ask. I told him it'd been a pretty tame night but very nice, and that he'd obviously survived working. "Only just" he replied.

0 comments:

Post a Comment