Monday, March 7, 2011

And another week.

Gone.

I texted B just before 9pm Saturday night, asking if was "getting lucky". I figured I just couldnt wait anymore to know if Id see him or not...

He replied "Hey babe. Not tonight" and that he had a car full of people (I assume they were car-pooling) and that he'd be getting away. "Sorry," he finished off. "Always thinking of you." Its those last couple of words I like the best. They matter.

"Still always thinking of you too" I replied. I also told him it would be weeks before I get to touch him again, but that hopefully we would cacth up before then. He assumed it would be weeks becauuse of an upcoming trip Ive got with my kids but I told him thats not until end of April. Its because next week is my birthday - Im the big 40, and the week afterward is a reunion of a nightclub I used to attend.

Then he mentioned how his night job boss (keep in mind, all via text) had 'friended' me through the social networking site... the story there, and i briefly told B, is that that boss comperes at a club i go to with my Nan once a month. we haven't been lately however, due to renovations of the club. id heard that the club had asked him to return as compere in April when it reopens, and that hed accepted, but i sent him a message asking him to confirm that, because otherwise some of the ladies who go probably would not go back (unless he was compereing). so he said yes he was returning, and next thing Iknow, we're 'friends'. oooohhh. Weird! :-)

B replied "all good", and I thought, well, it would be good to get some kind of confirmation of when id likely see him again, so i sent a message saying how he to admit how good id been lately, because i had not been doing any drive bys and keeping away from him in general, so could we PLEASE see him somewhere this week...?

He said "you are good. Ill do my best."

But I don't think Ill get to see him. :(

0 comments:

Post a Comment