Monday, August 15, 2011

4 weeks and 4 days

... and I've not heard from B. I didn't expect to, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't of liked to...

I texted him a couple of days ago though. I simply said "Damn Adele" (I can not listen to her song "Someone like you" without crying and thinking of B). It would of at least got me on his mind for a few seconds, but there's not a lot he could of said in reply I guess...

I met a guy at a charity function about 2 weeks ago... it was all a little childish the way it happened, but a bit of fun too - the person hosting the event knew I thought this guy was okay, so she gave who she thought was his boss, my phone number. Later 'the guy' introduced himself to me and we had a bit of a chat, and he finished by saying he'll give me a call sometime and organise to go out. "Sure," I smiled in a positive response... Well, I'm still waiting for that call...

Last week I had coffee with another guy, who is a friend of a good friend (of mine) boyfriend. She told me how lovely he was etc, but that he was short... I just cant feel it for a guy who's short, and my girlfriend knows this. Still, I'm trying to keep an open mind, so we met up. The very first thing I thought however was 'Wow, he really is short'. I think he came up to my shoulder. He definitely was nice, and sitting down, it was almost okay. But when we stood up again, to continue on with our day, I was quickly reminded of his height.

Part of me keeps thinking about all those men who cheat of their partners (and yes I know women do it too), and I wonder if there's really any point to trying to find the one person...And I keep thinking about B's wife, and whether our paths will cross, or if I'll ever see B again. Or I'll be driving somewhere, and a location may remind me of him because "that was where I was when he called me before he went overseas" or "That is where we met one time". But then I saw this quote this morning, and I know, although Ive mentioned it on here a few times before, It really is much easier to think negatively, so I need to change my thinking.

HOW you THINK is WHAT you get!!!

I need to keep reminding myself how better off I am without him, and that I will find someone - the one man - to be with. It will happen when its meant to happen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment